Kedarnath Tour Packages
Kedarnath is one of the 12 sacred holy Jyotirlingas of Kedar, located in Uttarakhand of Northern India. Situated 3585 km. above sea level with River Mandakini at its foot, Kedarnath is one of the holiest Hindu pilgrimage destinations and forms a part of the sacred "Chardham" of India.-: LORD SHIVA’S ABODE :-
Kedar means powerful and is another name of Lord Shiva- the protecter and the destroyer. The great saint and scholar Adi Guru Sankaracharya enshrined Lord Shiva at this place, situated 14 km from Gaurikund with the scenic Kedarnath range in the background. Snow covered peaks amidst natural surroundings houses the Kedarnath shrine, adding to its beauty. An ancient temple believed to be build by the Pandavas stands next to the present main temple built in the 18th century by Adi Sankaracharya. Its walls are richly decorated with various paintings and carvings depicting mythological incidents and deities.
According to the legends, the Panch Pandavas were seeking penance for killing their kinsmen in the battle of Mahabharata, and Lord Shiva in order to avoid them, took refuge here in the form of a Bull but was later recognized by Bhima who grabbed him by his hindquarters. The rear part of the bull is enshrined within the temple and the bump on the surface believed to be left behind when Lord Shiva dived into the ground is worshipped as the main site of the Kedar temples.-: Must-Visit at Kedarnath :-
• Shankaracharya Samadhi: The final resting place of Adi Guru Sankaracharya, who went for his "Samadhi” at an early age of 32 after establishing the all four dhams in India.
• Chorbari (Gandhi Sarovar): This place is popular amongst the visitor for the floating site on the crystal clear water of a lake.
• Gaurikund: The starting point for the trek to kedarnath, this place is famous for the temple and thermal springs.
• Madmaheshwar: Located at a height of 3,289 km from sea level is the Madmaheshwar-one of the 5 temples of Panch Kedars.
• Tungnath: It is the highest shrine among the panch kedars located at an altitude of 3,380 meters, though comparatively easier to reach due to the road head nearby. The temple worships outstretched arms of Lord Shiva.
• Kalpeshwar: This place worships the locks (hair) with head of Lord Shiva. Visitors have to take a 10 km. trek from Rudranath to reach to it.
• Rudranath: Rudranath worships the face of Lord Shiva, perched atop a mountain 2,285 meters above sea level. Visitors are required to trek 5 km. on way to rudranath which is and exciting journey passing through ridges and orchards. Also visit the Anusuya temple en-route kedarnath.-: Climate & Best Time To Visit :-
The summer season extends here from May to August when days are & nights are relatively cooler for summer season. Winters are from September to November which is chilly throughout. The period from May to October is considered the best season to visit Kedarnath.-: How To Reach Gangotri :-
• By Air : Jolly grant airport is situated 239 km away of which 225 km is covered by road and rest 14 km on foot.
• By Rail : Rishikesh Railhead is at a distance of 221 km of which 207 km is by road and 14km by foot.
• By Road : The nearest Road head is Gaurikund approachable by foot, which is well connected to all nearby cities